Seeing as life is sucking up all my time, I thought it best to stop in with a quick hello rather than wait for time to write a proper post. Life has become the whirlwind it once was and I’m doing my best impersonation of a sprinter in my efforts to keep up. That is NOT a complaint! Life is more than good! Here are but a few of my latest reasons to shout Woo Hoo!:
- The writer/publisher LOVED (her emphasis, not mine) the photos so I’m working hard at improving my photography skills. So excited! So, so excited!
- I’m working out again. Although I worked out throughout the majority of my treatments, I had to tone things down a bit. At the end of radiation, I hit a wall and my energy was gone. Zapped. Drained. My gas tank was on empty. I have never felt so helpless in my life. It has taken months to reclaim a “pep in my step” but I’m getting there. I worked out 3 times this week…at the same level I worked prior to my diagnosis…AND…I didn’t immediately fall in the bed and stay there for 3 days! YAY!
- The clinical trial at Duke is a no-go. There were complications with registration prior to the trial closing. Everyone has been concerned I would be upset. But I’m not. I simply see it as God closing the door. He is SO good to do things like that!
- I’m working longer hours. While that may not sound like something to celebrate, for a work-a-holic like me…it is definitely a good thing. Those 40 hour work weeks feel much better when you add another hour or two… or three or four… here and there.
- I’m finally getting my scrapping groove on! After my time on various design teams ended, I suffered major burn-out. Try as I might to scrap, I just couldn’t find my mojo. Lately I’ve been dreaming of layout ideas… of paint and paper and scissors..Oh My!
- My social life is back in full swing! Time with friends, friends and more friends! I’ve even gone on a few dates. Yes. Yes. There could be possible future posts coming on this subject. 😉