When promoting my 31 Days to Healthy Living, I promised to keep things simple.
Actually, I divulged how I personally benefit when adhering to the “Keep It Simple, Stupid” rule.
True to my can’t-keep-things-simple-if-my-life-depended-on-it nature, I have spent an hour or two or ten (but who’s counting) researching the benefits of lemons.
Then I realized too much information for either of us could be overkill.
My online hours of research proved many have weighed in on the benefits of this little yellow fruit.
And they have done so in very technical terms.
Rather than regurgitate what a good old Google search will yield, I decided to…
Lemons are good for you.
Lemon water is really good for you.
We all know how important water is. That goes without saying. Water has always been my go-to beverage. To bring variety to my cup-after-cup of H20, I began to add lemon, not knowing all the good I was doing.
The Benefits of Lemon Water
– Lemons give the immune system a major boost of Vitamin C and help with the absorption of iron which is also good for the immune system.
– They help alkalize the body. This is super important for disease prevention.
– Lemons aid the digestive system and the detoxification of the liver.
– They also promote healing from injury and stress.
– Lemons even help keep skin free of blemishes by detoxifying the blood.
To receive the greatest benefits, consume a warm cup of water with juice from a quarter to half a lemon first thing in the morning
I’m also told you should drink your water at room temperature throughout the day. But I prefer mine ice cold. I’m such a rebel! The important thing is to stay hydrated and include some “sunny” yellow slices.
Who knew lemons could pack such a punch?
and I would love for you to…
Subscribe to My Extraordinarily Ordinary Life by email
Go HERE to find all posts in my 31 Days To Simple Healthy Living series
Also linking up with Anna at 30 Days