I just discovered either this link doesn’t work or the blog is no longer in existance but I wanted to give credit where credit is due. Here is my take on the sketch.
Instead of using circular paper, I chose to use a template to pierce the design on my Core’dinations cardstock and lightly sanded it to further enhance the core color. I then machine stitched the inner circle using brown thread. I used another Serendipity kit…September’s I Deserve It All kit. Like the broken record I am, I must say this kit is awesome…tons of gorgeous products.
Here is Kim’s take on the sketch.
I always love Kim’s work. She has a way of using just the right colors… just the right pics… just the right titles… to draw you in. I love the clean and simple beauty of this one.
As always, I seem to be behind in most areas of my life so it is only fitting I am behind in posting a tag/award I received from three very special ladies.
The award is the Honest Scrap Award.
Here is how it works….
*Say thank you and give a link to the presenter of the award
*Share “10 Honest Things” about myself
*Present the award to 9 other bloggers whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design or to those who have encouraged me
*Be sure to tell the 9 bloggers chosen that you are giving them the Honest Scrap award and provide the guidelines for them
The first one I want to thank is Julie, a new friend from Serendipity. I’ve had a blast getting to know her through the message board and she is a scrapping queen. I love her style and she is a wonderful photographer. The second special lady kind enough to honor me with the award is, Chris, aka Chrispea. She is also an extremely talented scrapper with mad, mad photography skills. Chris is also a true inspiration to me. She is currently battling breast cancer and her willingness to share her story and her positive attitude touch my heart deeply. Last, but certainly not least is Julie, my “boss” at These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things. I have mentioned time and time again how much Julie amazes me. Now that I know she completes most of her layouts in 30 minutes or less… let’s just say she is my hero! LOL!
Here goes with my Honest Facts:
1. Although I was initially shell-shocked when I became an empty-nester last year, I’ve come to realize I LOVE this phase of life. It is the first time I’ve taken the time to focus on what I want and what makes me happy.
2. I am no longer engaged. There…I’ve said it. I know I’ve eluded to it over the past few months but I have yet to say it out right. Time to be totally honest, huh?
3. With regard to #2, I am secretly (well, now not so secretly) afraid of never finding THE one. A failed marriage and a broken engagement makes you stop and think.
4. Building on #3. I am an eternal optimist so despite my fears of being alone, I’m not really worried. I’m a firm believer in what is meant to be will be.
5. Since my divorce 5 years ago, I have “sown my wild oats” so to speak. Nothing like being in your 40’s and finally cutting loose…not that I’m loose! LOL!
6. I don’t know how to snow ski. I’ve always wanted to learn. The only time I tried, it was really too warm to ski. I did fairly well considering I was navigating mud puddles. This winter I plan to take lessons. Now, cross your fingers and say a prayer that I don’t break something! 🙂
7. I hate to sit in my kitchen or family room at night. These rooms have lots and lots of windows and I feel as if someone is always watching me. This fear comes from the peeping Tom that was a permanent fixture at my house during my teen years. While we would catch him at the windows peeking in, we could never actually “catch” him. I still feel “eyes are watching me” to this very day. ***shiver***
8. Growing up in a small community, everyone knew everyone else’s business…or thought they did. When my parents divorced 15 years ago, many rumors were started as to why. The whole “affair” involved our church. Believe it or not, I was drug into the middle of it all. I actually received “hate” mail. It was an anonymous letter quoting scripture complete with all the words being cut from various magazines. I still have it… it’s always good for a laugh. It serves as a reminder that things aren’t always what they seem.
9. Lately I’m missing my grandparent’s more than ever. They were a big part of my life. We always have our family reunion in October and this would be the first one without my grandmother.
10. The most honest fact of all…I love my life. It isn’t perfect, but it makes me perfectly happy!!!
There you have it, my list of 10 honest facts. When selecting who to pass awards on to, I am never able to narrow my list to a select few. So, as always, I want to pass this to anyone who leaves a comment. Additionally, I want to offer it to my blogging pals from Serendipity. Let me know if you choose to snag the award. I don’t want to miss your honest facts.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I hope to be back mid-week with more scrappy stuff. I’ve been working my can off so I must share.
Hugs and love,
P.S. There is still time to get your name in for my “Squeeze Your Melons” give-away. Go HERE.